The best foods to boost libido
Nutrition can play a big role in one’s libido and sex drive. This is because when our body is well fueled, it can perform to its max potential. Although there are several medical conditions and medications that are linked with low sex drive, in some cases, simple lifestyle changes can work to improve libido. Case-in-point, cleaning up one’s diet can go a long way to improving your sex life.
Before we get in what foods should be consumed, let’s explore how nutrition affects libido.
How nutrition affects libido
- Fats affect nerve transmission, meaning healthy fats like the ones found in fatty fish can work as an anti-inflammatory, which supports healthy nerve transmission to ensure that signals are being sent and received effectively.
- An alkaline diet can reduce inflammation in the body. To eat alkaline, increase your intake of dark leafy greens and remove processed foods.
- Stocking up on essential minerals promotes proper blood circulation, and when blood is flowing, your sexual parts can work their best.
- Vitamin B is a mood enhancer, so eating foods high in vitamin B can help you get in the mood.
- Vitamin D is essential for sexual hormone stimulation.
- Antioxidants protect sperm from damage.
Foods to eat that boost libido
- Goji berries
- Bee pollen
- Sweet potatoes
- Dark chocolate
Foods and substances to avoid that hurt your libido
By incorporating foods that boost libido and are good for your overall health, you can get back to having an active sex life once again all while properly nourishing your body too.
Related: Easy exercises that boost libido
Share this information
7 surprising foods that boost libido
This beverage can help you boost libido