- Category: Heart Health, Weight loss, Diabetes
- Meal: Lunch, Dinner
- Main Ingredients: Apples, Cinnamon
- Servings: Makes 1
Skip the packaged containers of applesauce that often contain lots of sugar and, therefore, calories. Make your own in a snap. Serve at healthy meals that include roast lean pork or turkey or with a sandwich at lunch.
- 6 tart apples, such as Granny Smith or McIntosh, peeled and cubed
- 2 sweet apples, such as Golden Delicious or Fuji, peeled and cubed
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (don’t use artificial maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Place the apples, water and cinnamon in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat so the mixture simmers. Cover and cook for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mash the apples or puree them in a food processor with the maple syrup.
Similar Health recipes