Chia Super Salad
Category: Weight management
- Main Ingredients: sweet potato, kidney beans, quinoa, chia seeds
- Servings: 5 to 6
Healthy recipes for salad don’t always contain sweet potato, kidney beans and quinoa, but this one does! The addition of kale, pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds, along with the chia, makes this a superfood feast.
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, cubed and steamed
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 2 cups finely chopped kale leaves
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- ¼ cup hulled pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Use a whisk to emulsify the vinegar, olive oil, cayenne, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
In a large bowl, mix together the cooked sweet potato, beans, quinoa, onion, kale, chia, sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds. Toss with the dressing.