- Category: Heart Health, Brain Health, Weight Management
- Meal: Lunch , Dinner
- Main Ingredients: Tuna, Cloves, Onion,Tomatoes
- Servings: Makes 4 to 6
This is not your mother’s tuna casserole. This healthy recipe takes canned tuna and elevates it to a meaty sauce to serve over whole grain spaghetti. Choose chunky light tuna packed in water. This healthy food comes from small tuna that do not have high levels of mercury, like albacore.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ¼ cup minced onion
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 can tuna, packed in spring water and drained
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
Heat a large sauce pan over high heat. Add the olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic until fragrant. Add the diced tomatoes and lower the heat to medium. Cook until the sauce thickens slightly – about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the tuna and capers and keep over the heat until all the components are warm. Toss with the spaghetti to serve 2.
Similar Health recipes