- Category: Anti Aging, Eyes
- Main Ingredients: carrots, yellow onion, olive oil
Puréed carrots give this soup body, so you don’t actually need any milk or cream to make this dish smooth and and filling. The ginger, coriander and lime juice in this healthy recipe enrich this soup with unique and mouth-watering flavor.
- 1 ½ pounds carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- zest and juice of one lime
In a soup pot, heat the olive oil. Add the carrots, onion, coriander and ginger and cook until the onion softens. Top with the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer the soup, covered, for about 30 to 40 minutes – until the carrots are soft. Add the lime zest and juice. Purée the soup – in batches – in a food processor or blender until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serves 4.