- Category: Heart Health
- Meal: Dinner, Snack
- Main Ingredients: Purple Cabbage, Cilantro
- Servings: Makes 1
A white bean puree provides the protein in this healthy recipe. This easy recipe has all the fixings that make for a satisfying lunch or dinner, especially if served with a cup of hot soup.
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup canned white beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ avocado
- 2 slices whole-grain bread – go for a dense, nutty variety
In a small bowl, blend together the oil and vinegar. Season to taste and toss with the cabbage and cilantro. Set aside. In another bowl, mash the beans and avocado together. Season to taste. Spread the mashed beans on one slice of bread. Top with the cabbage mixture and add the other slice of bread.
Similar Health recipes