A healthier prostate: you know you want it. Even if you don’t know exactly where it is or what it does, you’re absolutely positive you don’t want to experience the legend around it.
You know, the getting up multiple times per night to go to the bathroom. The pressure in your stomach. The uncontrollable urge to pee, then seeing nothing but a few drips squeeze out when you get there.
And, of course, it can get a lot worse. You know what I’m talking about.
Prostate health is one of the most concerning health issues for men. Here are some things you can do to keep your prostate healthy and potentially reduce your risk for a major health scare.
- Try to eat at least five servings of fruits and vegetables per day. Don’t worry about specific items. Just try to get a good variety of colors.
- Swap your white bread and pasta for whole grains.
- Cut way down on processed food and limit overall intake of red meat. Opt for more poultry (chicken, turkey, etc.), fish, and eggs.
- Include nuts in your diet and try out some avocado. Cook with olive oil and use it in salad dressings and sauces, too. Healthy fats may help a lot.
- Avoid sugar-sweetened drinks like soda and fruit juice.
- Get more physical activity. There is a close relationship between activity levels and prostate health (more=better).
- Lose the extra weight.
There are no guarantees that doing these things will completely save you. But so far, they are the things that have been shown to help reduce the risk of trouble effectively.