- Category: Diabetes
- Meal: Dinner
- Main Ingredients: Pears, Butter lettuce and walnuts
- Servings: Makes 6
This easy recipe can be a quick starter for dinner, or you can top it with raw or lightly grilled slices of goat cheese for a filling and nutritious grab-and-go lunch.
- 1 ½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 cups butter lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 2 red Bartlett pears, sliced
Optional: slices of goat cheese
Salad Dressing: Whisk the olive oil, vinegar, mustard and salt together for a healthy, easy recipe for salad dressing.
Salad: Arrange the leaves on a plate and top with 1 tablespoon of walnuts, several slices of pear and, if desired, some slices of goat cheese. Toss with the salad dressing. Makes 6 to 8 servings.