- Category: Cancer, Heart Health
- Meal: Dinner
- Main Ingredients: Flat Rice Noodles, Skinless Chicken Breast, Coconut Oil
- Servings: Makes 6
A stir fry brimming with colorful, fresh vegetables is the ultimate one-pot healthy food. Use tamari instead of soy sauce to make this easy recipe gluten-free.
- 8 ounces flat rice noodles, hydrated in warm water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ cup creamy, natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons sriracha
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 3 cups mixed vegetables, such as carrots, broccoli, snow peas and peppers, chopped
Heat the coconut oil in a large pan and add the chicken. Saute over medium heat until cooked through. Remove to a plate. Add the vegetables to the pan and cook until softened, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add a bit of water if the pan seems too dry. In a separate bowl, stir together the peanut butter, soy sauce, sriracha, garlic and ginger. Pour over the vegetables and stir in the chicken and drained rice noodles. Combine ingredients and serve.