Testosterone is that well known hormone that is closely connected to muscle mass, sexual function and, yes, hair growth. We often associate it only with men, but women produce this hormone as well. It’s a key hormone in our bodies, and that’s why information on how to increase testosterone is worth becoming familiar with.
While most men have normal levels of testosterone through youth, once they hit about 30 it becomes harder to maintain the hormone and levels start to drop. And that’s where all kinds of issues, such as difficulty concentrating, memory challenges and – let’s just put it out there – erectile dysfunction can occur. To make matters worse, a lowering of testosterone levels can also lead to an increased rate of prostate cancer and heart disease.
Not only does the aging process take a toll on the level of testosterone men produce, but chemicals that people are exposed to can also lower the overall level of testosterone. Dropping testosterone, then, is going to happen no matter what…
Because these problems are so widespread, impacting men all around the globe, we’ve answered the question of how to increase testosterone by developing hundreds of chemical solutions to raise the levels of testosterone in men.
All kinds of synthesized chemicals and compounds have been produced to battle lower levels of testosterone, but often these chemicals also carry a wide range of side effects that may do more damage to our body over the long-term than they actually help.
Many of us don’t want to add to the chemicals in our life. What if there were some natural home remedies to increase testosterone levels in your body? Ones that you could use to help your body increase the amount of testosterone it was producing for you?
That’s the good news. Some of the best testosterone boosters are easy things that you can do to help – and they are not hard to do.
1. Take more zinc. The mineral zinc is a one of the best testosterone boosters that can make an impact in about two months. Many men above the age of 60 come up short on the amount of zinc – that can be true even when they take supplements. Adding more zinc can be as simple as changing up your diet to include foods with a lot of protein such as meat or fish. Dairy such as raw milk and yogurt are also natural ways to increase testosterone.
It’s not only about eating the right foods to increase testosterone levels, it’s also the way we cook that can impact on the levels of testosterone in our body. Studies published in the Journal of Nutritional Science and Vitaminology found that steamed foods retain the most nutrients. In terms of zinc and other minerals, the less cooking time the better, so try not to overdo it on the stove.
2. Reduce your stress. Stress is a significant factor in reduced levels of testosterone production. It would be easy to say “cut out all that stress,” but the truth is in our busy, go-go lives, stress isn’t something that you can always walk away from.
So instead of walking away from it, how about running away from stress? Cardio-based exercise is an excellent way to help reduce the overall stress level in your life. We need to be intentional about adding exercise to our routines. You need to schedule it in and stick with a plan. For those who do work out already, the trick is not to overdo it. Pushing too hard can lead to fatigue which can in turn negatively impact your testosterone levels.
3. Increase your vitamin D. It turns out that the sunshine vitamin is also a great source to support testosterone levels naturally. Plus, vitamin D can help promote a healthy sex drive. The best way to get vitamin D is to get outside in the sunlight, but there are also supplements you can take.
4. Lose the weight. When you’re standing in front of the mirror asking yourself how to increase testosterone, you may also ask if you could stand to lose some weight. If you’re overweight, shedding those extra pounds is another way to build testosterone levels naturally. Healthy eating is a priority for getting your weight on track, and you can also become more aware of what are the right foods to increase testosterone levels – nothing like solving two problems at once.
5. Need an excuse to order lobster? We were just talking about being diet-conscious when looking for home remedies to increase testosterone, and it turns out that there are some nice surprises if you like seafood. Lobster, crab and oysters are all rich in zinc, which as we mentioned before is a natural way to increase testosterone. So go ahead and put on that bib at your local seafood restaurant.
6. Pass on the sweets. No surprise here, but sugar will reduce your testosterone and increase your insulin levels – not a good trade-off by any stretch. Kicking sugar is no easy feat, but limiting the amount you take in is a start. Being conscious of those foods that have a negative impact is a way you can lead a healthier overall lifestyle.
7. Exercise, exercise, exercise. Get the point? Having an active lifestyle is the natural way to maintain your body’s testosterone levels and will also promote better eating habits, reduce stress and increase your enjoyment of life. You can start this right now by getting out there and moving. It’s easier than you think. Start walking with a friend, and you will find out how easy it can be to make exercise a part of your life.
When you’re ready to really power up, try sprinting. Some research has shown testosterone levels increased for people who performed a series of short but intense sprints (just six-seconds); levels remained higher even after participants had fully recovered from the sprint workout. Another method is lifting weights. Studies have shown that fewer repetitions with heavy weights help boost testosterone. Best bets are full body, heavy exercises like squats, deadlifts, bench presses, and Olympic lifts. Two to three full body, weight-lifting workouts per week are recommended to deliver results.
How to increase testosterone is a question that can be answered not by chemicals only, but by taking the time to incorporate those home remedies to increase testosterone. Zinc and vitamin D are among the best ways to build testosterone levels naturally.
Combine these with the right foods to increase testosterone levels and a healthy lifestyle and you are taking some of the best steps for your health for years to come. Make the most of these home remedies to increase testosterone – these are the kind of habits we all need to have.
Are things a little lackluster in the bedroom these days? A brief “good night, dear” peck on the cheek and then lights out to drift off (or stare at the ceiling and count some fence-jumping sheep). Here’s what to do.
According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), men who take prescription testosterone drugs are at greater risk of experiencing a stroke, heart attack and even death. Find out more here.
When you consider activities preformed in the bedroom, two come to mind: Sleeping and sex. They may not seem like they have much in common, besides the use of a bed, but the amount of sleep you get may actually determine how much sex you’re having…read more