The swimming season is approaching, but if it’s been a while since you took a dip, let us help refresh your memory with regards to swimming safety tips. The reminders on how to enjoy summertime swimming safely come from the American Red Cross. Some of the key points include:
- Swim in designated areas with a lifeguard on duty.
- All family members should learn how to swim.
- Young children and inexperienced swimmers should wear life jackets and other flotation devices.
- Children should never be left unattended near water.
- Children should be taught to ask for permission when wanting to go into the water.
- If you own a pool, ensure it is equipped with appropriate barriers and safety gear.
- Take water safety and first aid courses to help prevent a possible water emergency.
By following these guidelines, you can better help reduce the risk of swimming-related problems and enjoy the activity instead.