- Category: Heart Health, Weight loss, Diabetes
- Meal: Dinner
- Main Ingredients: Smoked Paprika, Ground Cinnamon
- Servings: Makes 8
Cinnamon and steak is a tasty combination that can be part of your week’s healthy meals when you use a lean cut of beef, such as flank steak. Mix up a big batch of the rub in advance and store it in the pantry.
- 1 ½ teaspoons whole cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds flank steak, trimmed of excess fat
Mix together the spices and rub them generously on all sides of the flank steak. Let the steak sit for about 15 minutes to absorb the flavors. Broil or grill for 6 to 8 minutes per side, until cooked to the desired degree.
Similar Health recipes