- Category: Heart Health, Diabetes
- Meal: Snack
- Main Ingredients: Broccoli, Cherry Tomatoes, Paprika, Whole-wheat Pita
- Servings: Makes 1
Broccoli offers 6 grams of fiber per cup. Add to that a whole-grain pita with at least 3 grams of fiber and you’ve got a delicious, healthy recipe to fill you up.
- 1 whole-wheat pita
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- ¼ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup raw broccoli, chopped
- 5 cherry tomatoes – halved
Spread the pita with the olive oil and toast under the broiler for 30 to 60 seconds. Top with the marinara, ricotta cheese, mozzarella and broccoli. Place under the broiler again until the cheese is melted and the veggies slightly golden – about 2 to 3 minutes.