What’s a list of one-pot meals without a chili recipe? Make this easy recipe for Meatless Monday. Tofu is low in fat, high in calcium and a good source of vegetarian protein. To add more spice to this easy recipe, seed and chop a small jalepeno and saute with the onion mixture.
- 14 ounce package extra firm tofu, drained
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 14 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 14 ounce can diced, fire-roasted tomatoes
- 14 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
Wrap the block of tofu in a few layers of paper towel and place on a cutting board. Rest a heavy pot or plate on top of the block for 30 minutes or longer to press out the excess water. Remove from the towels, crumble and put to the side. In a large pot, heat the coconut oil over high heat. Add the pepper, onion and corn and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the broth, beans, tofu, tomatoes, tomato sauce, spices and seasoning. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat, cover and simmer about 30 minutes.
Similar Health recipes